Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Time



A few things I love about summer...

window boxes full of flowers
taking day trips
the beach
sitting in a chair reading
the smell of summer rain
fireworks
the smell of fresh cut grass
painted toenails
walking on the marina
the sound of crickets
the smell of suntan lotion
white lights in the yard and around my patio
tiki torches
snow cones
thumbing through a magazine
cute elderly couples out for a walk
ice cold watermelon, yes with salt
sparklers
weekend trips
collecting driftwood & shells
sandcastles
picnics
a cool breeze on a really hot day
fabulous sunglasses
cake batter flavor ice cream
the smell of a campfire
eating dinner from off the grill
a cool shower after a long day
sundresses
flip-flops
wildflowers growing along gravel roads
the smell of my neighbors grill
dreamsicles
linen
grilled corn on the cob
beach balls
sparkling blue swimming pools

What do you love about summertime?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....everything I think EXCEPT the Oklahoma Heat. I miss my homeland of California during the summer months...that's why it's always a great time to visit! :)

    Sweet post!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete