Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My Daddy

Today's blog is dedicated to my amazing daddy.
  
Last Wednesday, October 12, 2016, as church was letting out my cell phone rang. My grand daughter brought it to me.  I had missed two calls from my sister and one from my nephew.  I knew something had happened.  I immediately called my sister and when she answered she could barely speak.
These are the words I heard her say, "Sheila, daddy had a heart attack."  

This is how the conversation proceeded to take place.  

My sister: Sheila, daddy had a heart attack.
Me:  Where is he? (Since I live two hours away) I wanted to know where I was headed. 
My sister:  He's gone, he passed away. 
Me:  S-i-l-e-n-c-e, Tears flowing ABUNDANTLY.  
Neither of us speaking...
Finally, Me:  I am on my way,  
My sister:  Ok, see you in a couple of hours.

My Knight and I rushed home and packed for the next few days. My mind was going crazy, my emotions were out of control. 

I felt as if I were in a bad dream and was desperately hoping someone was going to wake me SOON.

But as the next few hours progressed it began to sink in,  it was not a dream but was indeed true.

My sweet precious daddy was gone.  Gone.  How could this be?  
It was still very difficult to imagine that I was not ever going to be able to hear his voice again.  I would never here him call me "his baby"  "shug" or I would never hear him say, "I love you, baby."  "Take care."  "Tell Marty and the girls I love them. "  
I will replay these words over and over in my thoughts. 

I had talked with him a few weeks before and he was fine.  Said the doctor had told him he was doing good for 75 years of age.  He said, "I will just keep taking my Centrum Silver vitamin, it seems to be working."  

I have many happy and pleasant memories.  He was a good (GREAT) man, he loved his children and he loved family.

This is the most recent picture I have of my sweet daddy and me.



Daddy, you will be missed.  
Love, your baby, Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment