Thursday, August 4, 2011

God is Good All The Time!

Today is Day 9 of Post-Surgery for me. I had some major surgery on the 26th of July.  I spent the first three days in the hospital and the past 6 at home.  The surgery requires a minimum of 4--6 weeks of recovery.  Then return to your normal schedule S-L-O-W-L-Y....   So I have taken the month of August off from work. 

Today as I continue my  r-e-c-o-v-e-r-y.  The daily routine of sleep, eat, walk (only a little bit), sleep, eat, laze around, eat, walk, lay around some more...you get the idea. 

Well, I was feeling a little weary of all of it.  So I picked up a daily devotional book....


Today's devotion was just for me.

HOLD MY HAND, and walk joyously through the day. Together we will savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties it may bring.  Be on the look-out for everything I have prepared for you:  stunning scenery, bracing winds of adventure, cozy nooks for resting when you are weary and so much more.  I am your Guide, as well as your constant Companion.  I know every step of your journey that is ahead of you, all the way to Heaven.

You don't have to choose between staying close to me and staying on course.  Since I am the Way, staying close to Me IS staying on course.  As you focus your thoughts on me and all I have provided for you, I will guide you carefully along today's journey.

Don't worry about what is around the next bend. Just concentrate on enjoying My Presence and staying in step with Me.

WOW!  As I recover slowly (joyously) I will take the time to continually be thankful for all He has provided for me.   My wonderful "Knight" that is taking such great care of me, A/C, books, beautiful scenery (as I walk), food, cozy nooks for that much needed rest, cozy pajamas for these lazy days, and so much more that I couldnt begin to list.

Love to all of you my blogger friends.
God is good all the time. He knows just what we need when we need it!!!

3 comments:

  1. God is good, and I'm so thankful to him for you and Marty. Enjoy this healing journey!

    Love you,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how my devotions will speak to me like that when I need to hear it most. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete