Thursday, October 6, 2011

"In a Moment". At any moment. Life can Change

Things can change at any moment.
Tonight I am home, by myself.
My "Knight" is out of town. He is serving on a christian retreat.
I am here:  Praising.  Sitting. Thinking. Praying.
Praising:  First of all let me say, "I am thankful". 
Thankful for sooo many things.
God is so good to me.  His mercies are new everyday. I am so undeserving.  Yet He chooses to bless and keep me.
Sitting: As I sit here tonight I am recounting many things. Mainly Life.  It's unpredictable.  No matter how hard we try we cannot control it.  God is in control and He chooses the happenings of our life.
Thinking:  I am thinking about what a crazy week this has been.
Monday, pretty uneventful I worked both my part-time jobs, came home, relaxed.
Tuesday, went to work at my evening job, got a call from the "knight" saying that our youngest daughter (she is 22) but still our baby, had taken a fall at work earlier that day.  She had some x-rays done and had to go to TOC (Orthopedic Clinic in our home town) on Wed,
I prayed and asked for our friends to join us in prayer and ask for Gods healing and prayed that she would NOT have to have surgery.
WELL, Wednesday came and my daughter and her dad spent most of the day at TOC
...and the verdict...
surgery ...next Tuesday.  My heart sank, I cannot say that I understand what He is doing but I am trusting.
Praying:  So hard for my daughter.  She is in so much pain.  She has to wear this leg brace.


It looks something like this.  She is on crutches and we are praying that the swelling goes down.
I have to admit I am having quite a few "mom" moments.  She is married and has been for three years.  It is so hard for me to send her home with someone else...I just want to keep her here with me.
Sometimes being a mom can be so hard.  My heart breaks everytime I see that brace... and her struggle to get around, and when I see that pain-ed look on her face.
Please pray for all of us.
It just a moment, in a blink, my week changed and the next few weeks will be hard.  Hard for me.  But much more difficult for her.    Pray for me that I can encourage her and her hubby.

1 comment:

  1. And He said, "My grace is sufficient or you."

    Consider yourself thoroughly hugged!!!

    ReplyDelete